ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension upgrade: What shoul I change?

Megane RS 250
The car is a 172.

I'm fitting eibach sportlines with some serviced/shortened/stiffened OEM dampers, nothing extreme, the car is mainly used on bad sufaced roads.
I've got some knocking on the right wheels, should be the ball joint.
Should I replace both of them? Are they all the same for all the clios?
What about bushes? The ARB ones seem worn out.
I'll have the tracking done, I'm thinking 0 mm front and rear, by know I have -2mm front and 0 rear, the rear end follow nicely the front but the car is a bit too camber sensitive and instable at speed.

My steering wheel have some strange habit, when I turn left it doesn't center perfectly but stays a bit to the left, same thing to the right...could be the ball joint? Or maybe the top mount (as my mechanic said, thay could be not moving correctly)

I've got Camber bolts, I should readjust them because I'm lowering the car, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
  Westy. MX5
It seems a full suspension and steering overhaul is required when you get round to fitting the new springs, paying attention to all the bushes and balljoints. Then have the tracking/alignment done.

Megane RS 250
Shoulde I buy arb, arm and steering bushes and balljoints from renault? Maybe Clio Spares here could be cheaper?
I hope to have a nice steering feel and a precise handling after all of this!

Westy. MX5
Cliospare are usually used parts, you need new bushes and balljoints. Renault would be the most expensive, try ECP and GSF.

Megane RS 250
Thanks! I already asked cliospares but they seem to be in a bit of a mess, email and phone calls can't get through. ECP and GSF parts are available from?

phase 1 flamer 172
ecp are available from euro car parts and gsf from german swedish french.

Westy. MX5
Sorry, should have given the full name of them. Don't pay much attention to their website stocklist, Phone Them!