ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension Bolt Size and Torque Settings

MK2 172 FF
Following on from this thread - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=490389

Im replacing the clio springs tomorrow and thought that i might aswell replace the strut to hub bolts and nuts and the bolts that hold the rear dampers to the car. Does anyone know the sizes of them?

Also does anyone know the torque settings they need to be tightened to when putting things back together.

thanks

Mark

MK2 172 FF
not had any look on the search apart from a post saying that the front strut to hub bolts need to be 140nm and the top strut mounts 'nipped'

Golf GTD Mk7
From memory the hub bolts are 18mm as are the rear shocks at the stub axle. Top of the shocks are alen keys, but there is a guide in the guide section by fubar

MK2 172 FF
when i say size i mean what size bolt e.g M10 x 150 etc....

the rears damper ones are 18mm and the front are 13/16 which i work out to be 21mm as thats the socket that fits them lol

Golf GTD Mk7
Mark51 said:
when i say size i mean what size bolt e.g M10 x 150 etc....

the rears damper ones are 18mm and the front are 13/16 which i work out to be 21mm as thats the socket that fits them lol

Lol thought the fronts were bigger but it's been a while. :) not sure on the m sizes though sorry

MK2 172 FF
bolts x 2 7700822984 £0.54 + vat ( 14 x 150-65 size )
nuts x 2 7703034152 £0.92 + vat ) 14 x 150 size )

guessing the 14 is M14?