ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

supercharger question

clio 172 phs1 turbo
hey guys and girls iv got a 2002 clio 172 bought as a cheap track toy didnt wana spend wana thing on it that i didnt have to. iv done a couple track days now and liking the clio more n more and had it dynod the other day and got 171.2bhp with only a cat back powerflow which i thought was quite good considering its got 72000miles on it. so was thinking bout throwing some money at it as its appears to still have a strong engine. sooo been looking at supercharger kits, iv only really looked at k-tecs charger kit but dont really wana spend £4000+ on it does any one know of a cheaper kits for sale not to fussed if its second hand but would like a new fresh one.

if any one could help id be greatfull

thanks tom

Stripped yozza'd cup
Firstly, try using these ,.?!':;

Secondly, supercharger conversions are very expensive and very rarely come up for sale second hand. That is a very good dyno result, where was it done?

clio 172 phs1 turbo
sorry english not my strong point lol so you think im not gona get it much cheaper? i have looked at turbos kits but been told they eat gearbox's. i had it done at my friends garage in bishop stortford in hertfordshire. we was both impressed with that we was thinking 160ish but we done about 10 runs and they was all above 168 and had 4 or 5 in the 171 :)

Sunflower Ph1 172
Even if you can do all the work yourself inc brackets etc. The Rotrex SC is ~£900 new I believe. Second hand this would be cheaper, but I think it'd be rare to find someone selling a complete conversion kit.

Listerine & Poledo
Expensive tuning parts are expensive.

Trying to do it on the cheap then be prepared to have a repair job on your hands in short measure.

Oh, but, on a lighter note, Blowers > Turbos, so if you do get it done, that's hero right there.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
find a random turbo, put it on with a bit of low boost, then find a VAG gear box to take the power and wind it up :D