ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

yeah the bloke was saying about the basic salary's as there's 3 you can be on depending what shift pattern your on, but he said at the minute it's stowed out with over time and a few of me mates have been doing it pretty much everyday and every weekend, only came down south for work anyways lol

yeah the bloke was saying about the basic salary's as there's 3 you can be on depending what shift pattern your on, but he said at the minute it's stowed out with over time and a few of me mates have been doing it pretty much everyday and every weekend, only came down south for work anyways lol

Ohh there will defo be plenty of work for you.

Another little addition I've done but forgot to upload a picture of it, I've fitted an RS badge to the front grill, it's the one that's off the front of a RS200, needed abit of trimming but it fits perfect & secured very well incase anybody takes a liking to it.

1A4C6169-C210-43E6-9FCD-C0FB40148BE1-12805-0000040B4FE104D3_zps3049f572.jpg

1BD23DB0-B617-47DC-9924-DD4E6928E635-12805-0000040AE17BEDC8_zps74774d4c.jpg

79A67834-9C21-4A5B-BFE3-168C17578380-12805-0000040B55DBAF83_zps9a69ab32.jpg

7746BDA5-2EF9-4995-97CB-05B8546B30BA-12805-0000040ACCAD0DC8_zpsf759bdee.jpg

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Looks good mate, you are very greedy with 3 great looking cars, I really fancy a black 200, but don't think I would really use it.

Cheers Dom, my dads took the standard flower off my hands as it was just going to waste really. Would you want a 200 to run alongside the 182? I love driving the 197 I was going to use the sunflower for my Blackpool trip the weekend just gone to put some miles on it, but since I fitted the new exhaust manifold to the 197 last Monday I decided to take that & so glad I did such a great car.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Looking great as usual mate.

Cracking collection the pair sunflowers and your 197. Jealous of each of them!

I've just read you're at CSS. You, stu and I need to get a photo of all three together!!

Ill 2nd that mate, defo need a picture of the 3 of them :cool:

Looking great as usual mate.

Cracking collection the pair sunflowers and your 197. Jealous of each of them!

Thanks very much Paul as said my dad took the other flower off my hands to have a tinker with as he's had RS clios in the past so likes them.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Cheers Dom, my dads took the standard flower off my hands as it was just going to waste really. Would you want a 200 to run alongside the 182? I love driving the 197 I was going to use the sunflower for my Blackpool trip the weekend just gone to put some miles on it, but since I fitted the new exhaust manifold to the 197 last Monday I decided to take that & so glad I did such a great car.

Yes mate would be as well as the 182, won't be selling that in a hurry, I just don't think I would use it, bit much to just have it to look at lol

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Yes mate would be as well as the 182, won't be selling that in a hurry, I just don't think I would use it, bit much to just have it to look at lol
[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Everyones circumstances are different i suppose, i use my 197 every day & it's the 172 that gets the least use.

[/FONT]

So much love for this Craig!

Thanks very much Dan, you attending CSS?[/FONT]

do you have the number part for that RS for the front grille ? tks 8)

​I don't have the packaging with the part number on now but if I get chance to take the front grill off I'll get it off the badge for you & drop you a PM with it.

Ill be at CSS yeh, it's under an hour from my house so it's rude not too!

ill make sure I come have a gander/chat :)

An hour away lucky you lol 3hrs for me but I havnt been to CSS before so really looking forward to it.

Yeah likewise mate I'll have a chat & gander.[/FONT]

Money transfered will pick the car up Saturday, Craig.

:D

So much want for this car

Its the Saturday after CSS your picking it up you will keep forgetting haha :rasp:

182 trackday racer
Hi Craig,

Im considering a setup similar to yours and have e few questions:

Are you still on OE ECU?
Have you made no other modifications to the fuelsystem than injectors?
Do you use dump valve?
Do you use electronic boost controller?

Cheers / Mårten

Nice power figures with out going too high pressure :cool:

What would you do for the next mapping/mod to get some more power if you wanted to ?

Mind, it's got to be like a rocket as it is !

It does go very well :D

Standalone ecu & up the rev limit will be next & see what the power rises too, paul kept the power where it is to be safe while running the standard ecu, but it does feel like enough...for now lol.

Hi Craig,

Im considering a setup similar to yours and have e few questions:

Are you still on OE ECU?
Have you made no other modifications to the fuelsystem than injectors?
Do you use dump valve?
Do you use electronic boost controller?

Cheers / Mårten

Hi Mårten

Yeah I'm still using the standard Ph1 ecu.
No other mod to the fuel system apart from the 630cc injectors, but being a Ph1 it has the 3bar FPR in the line rather than fixed in the in the tank.
Ive just fitted a Forge dump valve, its a single spring (green) but its too week & leaks air on tick over due to it making boost all the time, im trying a friends twin piston forge dump valve at the minute & that works alot better but still leaks a tiny bit of air so ive bought a forge spring kit to try the Yellow & maybe Blue spring & see how it go's.
No i dont use an electronic boost controller

are you wanting to go stage 1 or fully forge the engine straight away?

​Hope this helps mate.

Craig, if your dad ever plans to get rid of the other, hit me up please.

I sure will Greg, you fancy another?

182 trackday racer
Hi Mårten

Yeah I'm still using the standard Ph1 ecu.
No other mod to the fuel system apart from the 630cc injectors, but being a Ph1 it has the 3bar FPR in the line rather than fixed in the in the tank.
Ive just fitted a Forge dump valve, its a single spring (green) but its too week & leaks air on tick over due to it making boost all the time, im trying a friends twin piston forge dump valve at the minute & that works alot better but still leaks a tiny bit of air so ive bought a forge spring kit to try the Yellow & maybe Blue spring & see how it go's.
No i dont use an electronic boost controller

are you wanting to go stage 1 or fully forge the engine straight away?

​Hope this helps mate.

I sure will Greg, you fancy another?

Thanks for the response

Im considering my options at the moment, the MOT is very hard here in Sweden so I basically have two ways to go:

1. Modify it stealth style and try to sneak it throgh MOT every year. A SC setup can be made stealth but, even if it may work Im worried about the gearbox, barly holds up as it is... Since I need stealth obviously turbo solutions wount do.

2. Or re-register the car as a rebuilt vehicle. That requires that I change engine, gearbox and brake system (Master Cylinder, calipers and discs) as a minimum. Regulations says 15kW/100kg car. That meens I can drop a Megane 230 engine and box in there and get it 100% street legal as long as I change rear brakes, front ones are already Brembos. One other plus with this option is that I can register the car with full cage. As it is now I have to take the cage out every year for MOT which realy sucks.

Pros and cons, obviously the Megane solution will be more expensive, but on the other hand I can sell my rebuilt engine with C&B camshafts, Gearbox with Quife differential, billet flywheel and Helix clutch + a brand new JC5 130 Box and get som cash out of that, So Im not sure It will be so much more expensive in total.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response Im considering my options at the moment, the MOT is very hard here in Sweden so I basically have two ways to go:

1. Modify it stealth style and try to sneak it throgh MOT every year. A SC setup can be made stealth but, even if it may work Im worried about the gearbox, barly holds up as it is... Since I need stealth obviously turbo solutions wount do.

2. Or re-register the car as a rebuilt vehicle. That requires that I change engine, gearbox and brake system (Master Cylinder, calipers and discs) as a minimum. Regulations says 15kW/100kg car. That meens I can drop a Megane 230 engine and box in there and get it 100% street legal as long as I change rear brakes, front ones are already Brembos. One other plus with this option is that I can register the car with full cage. As it is now I have to take the cage out every year for MOT which realy sucks. Pros and cons, obviously the Megane solution will be more expensive, but on the other hand I can sell my rebuilt engine with C&B camshafts, Gearbox with Quife differential, billet flywheel and Helix clutch + a brand new JC5 130 Box and get som cash out of that, So Im not sure It will be so much more expensive in total.

​Dont you know a friendy MOT tester ;)

Option 2 sounds the best way to go to keep everything right with the laws over there but like you say it will the the more expensive option, but you will be able to make money back selling your current setup.

182 trackday racer
​Dont you know a friendy MOT tester ;)

Option 2 sounds the best way to go to keep everything right with the laws over there but like you say it will the the more expensive option, but you will be able to make money back selling your current setup.

Yes, + increased value of the car since I can get a roadbook for the car and go racing if I would like to :)

Yes, + increased value of the car since I can get a roadbook for the car and go racing if I would like to :)

Option 2 defiantly sounds like the best way to go then mate, is the RS Clio scene big in Sweden?

Had a delivery this morning :D a Ktec silenced centre section bought it off Chris - marinemackay2003 I'll wait till its not raining to fit it. Also getting a 182 cat off Korky ready for its MOT next month, I'll weld a flange on it at work so it fits my system.

null_zpsd5ddba49.jpg

Decided the Ph1 clock surround looked a it dull so got hold of a Ph2 set of clocks & striped both down & sprayed the surround satin black to match the grab handles. Put the clocks back together job done.

null_zps969b745a.jpg

182 trackday racer
, is the RS Clio scene big in Sweden?

Its very small even though quite a few hardcore trackday enthusiasts start to realise how good the cars actually are. Very few Clio Sport cars where ever sold in Sweden the 182 beeing the most rare with about 10 sold. On the other hand its kind of fun to be the underdog all the time :)

Nice one, hows the new exhaust polishing up?

Its polished up like new :D

Its very small even though quite a few hardcore trackday enthusiasts start to realise how good the cars actually are. Very few Clio Sport cars where ever sold in Sweden the 182 beeing the most rare with about 10 sold. On the other hand its kind of fun to be the underdog all the time :)

Very rare cars over there then, & like you say its good being the under dog haha

I love this car so much. It's what mine would be like if it grew some balls. ;)

​Can't wait to get them all together in a couple weeks. My girly shed, with Stu's and your beasts.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Thanks mate, haha do the right thing & give it some boost ;)

It will make some good pictures getting them together i love the pic you took of mine at FCS so cant wait to see what they look like.

stus is more of an ogre

Last week the car started making a strange noise but only when the clutch was engaged so i suspected it was the release bearing, i bought a new one from renault, then set about changing it on wednesday it was the only day i had spare before my birthday weekend & CSS. Off came the subframe & gearbox, & the new bearing was fitted. The old bearing was erm fucked lol, i must have been having an off day & just forgot to change it 1st time round when i was building it up last year.

While i had the car in bits i noticed an oil leak, it was coming from the high pressure power steering pipe on the front of the engine, i took the pipe to pirtek to see what they could do & they made me a new section up.

I also thought i might aswell change the gearbox oil for some Shell 75/90 fully synthetic, & fitted a new drain plug washer. I also changed the engine oil & filter & sump plug washer.

I give the subframe & everything else a good clean while it was off amazing how dirty everything has got.

null_zpsec217af8.jpg

null_zps429fa23c.jpg

null_zpscecb182a.jpg

null_zpsa9dd610b.jpg

null_zpsd1a110b2.jpg

It was my birthday on sunday 16th & my fiancè had this made for me :D i love it but couldnt bring myself to cut into it. It even made a flame like the real one haha.

null_zpsa96fdb58.jpg

null_zps809ce65b.jpg