ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supa Glass

Having been a victim of crime and 'seeing' how easy it is to break a car's windows I'm thinking about getting something like Supa Glass but I'm wondering if there's any point?

Yes it means you can hit the window with a baseball bat and it won't explode but doe's that put a thief off or will they simply do more damage to the car trying to get in?

At the moment I need a new HU, a new window and bit of time with the Dyson. I'd rather that once a year than getting bodywork sorted!?!?!?

Breaking A 172 Replica
It is hard to generalise.

In some situations it would put the off no doubt, but in others it would just make them more determined and might just take a screw driver to the door or lock?

I reckon on the whole it would put people off but on the off chance they did get in they would cause soo much damage doing so, I doubt it would be worth it.

Sam

Turbos.
I would say thieves always want to get a job done quickly, so it's a worthy install.

Can't supaglass take multiple hammer blows? Think i've seen a vid of it being tested and it held up very well.

I 've seen the video and it looks very good. I just spoke to Greenlight and they said it's great for stopping smash and grabs. My only fear is that they'd try hard to get in if the window didn't smash!?!?!?

Clio MK2 (1.2)
instead of bying the glass, why not get a alarm with motion sensors, cz the thief usually check for alaram by kicking the wheel, tap the windows, if u had the motion sensora alarm then when they cick the tyres alarm will go off straight away