ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunroof

Has anyone taken the sunroof surround out before on a mk2 ph1 clio. Does it just pull out or once it's out does it not go back in?

Any advice will be a start
Cheers

Lots of Alfas
The manual sunroofs on mk2ph1s should be tilt/remove sunroofs. You remove the sunroof by just pushing the red tab in and slotting the handle out so you can then lift the roof out from the outside of the car, I think it may even tell you in the manual. I sometimes take mine out when its really hot and secure it on my net in the boot.

IMG_1229.jpg

Monaco Blue Mk2
Dave great tip re: removing the glass! Got mine out after I washed the car then so it's keeping cool. Should be good going for a drive in bit!

www.renparts.co.uk
im also trying to remove the frame, im under the impression there are screws behind the headlining. Mines creaking like a b**ch so i was looking to solve this.
thanks
josh

Lots of Alfas
Joshy it may be the handle thats creaking take the sunroof apart then rebuild it making sure everything is done up tightly, then wrap some electrical tape around the metal bars that slot into the roof at the front of the glass, then wrap a little tape where the bar on the handle slots back onto the cars bracket.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Yes, mine is usually V. squeaky, however when I had the glass out today following Dave's instructions above, it was fine.

www.renparts.co.uk
davebem said:
Joshy it may be the handle thats creaking take the sunroof apart then rebuild it making sure everything is done up tightly, then wrap some electrical tape around the metal bars that slot into the roof at the front of the glass, then wrap a little tape where the bar on the handle slots back onto the cars bracket.

yeh it does sound like its coming from the front where the 2 metal parts slot in. Ill have a bash with it tomorrow.
thanks
josh

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
the legs at the front off the sunroof come loose tighten them up and grease them should do the trick unless the handle is rattling.