ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunroof rattle!

Clio 1.2 mk2
Me and tommy have got really annoying rattles from the sunroof, unsure wether its the mechanism or the glass itself. Anyone had this problem before? and more importantly how do i get it to stop. Mines a Mk2 Ph1 and his is a Mk2 Ph2.

Cheers

chumpmobile
mine does it!
apparently according to the guide, you get half a brilo pad and ram it in!?

Either take it out and reseal it etc, ram half a spone in between the handle and the glass, or weld a plate into the roof and spray over it. Or you could go wild and replace the whole thing for an electic one.

Jap Box
I just open mine up now if the weathers decent, the sponge rammed in there always falls out in the end. Turning the music up also helps though :rasp:

1.5dci
Look in the guides section, I followed it a few weekends ago and the rattling has gone, as well as the leaking which was what I was trying to stop. Mine rattled for a while then started leaking. Actually where it has been rattling it had worn through the paint and just left the undercoat :s
The instructions were good, just take the headlining down, unbolt the frame work, put sealant around the hole put the frame back in and replace all the bolts and headlining. Was a couple hours job for 2 of us I'd say. (Once you take the sun visor retaining clips out, you might not get them back in again. I ended up getting a new one for a couple quid at the dealers)