ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunroof mod

E36 323i coupe

Which one is it?

1. Seal

2. Handle

3. Screws

4. Entire sunroof

Ive had the first three on three separate occasions.

They said they fitted a sound proofing type gasket around the sunroof frame where it touches the roof and fixed it in place using longer screws. it now looks slightly raised on the roof. they even checked it for water tightness using a pressure washer and then washed the car.

do you think renault are getting the customer service right or have i been lucky with my local dealer (reg vardy middlesbrough).

E36 323i coupe

Reg Vardy has a superb reputation... for all their dealerships.

Middlesborough, huh? I had an ex that was from that neck of the woods... went to Yarm School, I think. Mega b**ch... tend to avoid those parts! But still, it has a Reg Vardy; so you are in luck.

what did you ask for this mod doing.. mine has been in for the sun roof rattling but nothing has changed. Did you make a fuss or did the dealer offer?

cheers

Quote: Originally posted by Jon1978 on 21 October 2003

Reg Vardy has a superb reputation... for all their dealerships.

Middlesborough, huh? I had an ex that was from that neck of the woods... went to Yarm School, I think. Mega b**ch... tend to avoid those parts! But still, it has a Reg Vardy; so you are in luck.
Not Reg Vardy Sheffield. I wont go into it all again, but Ive never had satisfactory service from them, and there are several other forum members who have been effected too.

i told the sevice desk it was creaking and before i could tell him it stops when sunroof is opened he said to me does it stop when opened ,i said yes he said weve fixed loads with the renault modification . i said how long does it last .he said weve had no one back with them once this modification is done. (time will tell)

it was done free of charge under the warrantee.

right i will have to have to have a go. they have just tightened mine up. now that the car is frozen over in a morning the sunroof is unbearable, enough to make me take the better halfs 106 to work!! lol

The Jinx

Is this for leccy ones? Mines just started creaking like a fvcker. But if I open it all the way back and then close it again it stops for a bit.