ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sump Cleaning

Ok, just had the dreaded MOT done. Stupid stealership failed it on the rear brakes showing little or no effort. But that's another story.

So anyway after the tester had an ear chewing from the senior technician and stops being stupid he passed it with an advisory. Apparently my sump gasket leaking.

I had my cambelt changed in January by Mike@Rentech (top guy btw) and nothing was mentioned of any leaks etc. I haven't seen any oil spots where I park my car nor does it seem that my oil level is dropping when I check it.

Now I want to give the sump a good clean to see if it is the gasket leaking or if it's the gearbox oil that leaked a little when I changed my springs and my top mounts before I make the 3 hour journey to see Mike.

So what is the easiest/best way to do this? Should I use any products to aid cleaning?

Thanks guys

Em

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Just go to a local garage and ask if they could just give it a very quick clean?