ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suitable all round wax or sealant??

Ive only used it once up to yet, as I got it just before I got rid of the 172. It was also the first time ive used any sort of protective product on my wheels. I was impressed though.
Made them so much easier to clean up and looked alot better from it. Seemed quite durable aswell from what I remember.
(I cant really go into much detail, as I dont know what the other brands are like so have nothing to compare to).

Ill be using it again next weekend when I give my car a much needed full detail. Wheels off. Boom.

STEALTH RAIDER
C2 is a winner as ive said in many posts. 2 coats of wolfs nano wrap was applied to mine over 2 months ago now i think. As you would expect, beading and sheeting disappeared within a month. Mix of 70ml of C2 to 400ml of water i now used every 2 weeks using 1 mist on a microfible for every 2 panels. Couple of pics on my new camera :cool:

P1000015.jpg
P1000017.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
C2 can suck my balls! Keep it in the cupboard until November!

C2 is a winner as ive said in many posts. 2 coats of wolfs nano wrap was applied to mine over 2 months ago now i think. As you would expect, beading and sheeting disappeared within a month. Mix of 70ml of C2 to 400ml of water i now used every 2 weeks using 1 mist on a microfible for every 2 panels. Couple of pics on my new camera :cool:

The only issue with that then is the durability. When doing the work on other people's cars, I want something a little more durable so that their car is protected fro longer.

Update. I went for the Vics afterall. I may invest in the C2 in the future, to try it out, but some of the reviews on the CYC website for Vics sold it to me.

I kinda forgot how expensive detailing is... Just blew £100 on pretty much nothing lol.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have a solid wax or sealant for other peoples cars?

Bumder With A Buffer
ROFL Rimwax is s**t.

Also sounds like something George Michael carrys around with him just in case he wants to play hide the sausage.

Thats what I ordered the Vics Collectors Wax for (as reading about it, it seemed the most appropriate for the cars that I have lined up).

I have got other waxes/sealants though that could possibly be used (cant remember exactly what ive got), if the Vics doesnt go down well.

Have I made a bit of a **** up with that order? :p

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
ROFL Rimwax is s**t.

Also sounds like something George Michael carrys around with him just in case he wants to play hide the sausage.

It's my staple lube.

Thats what I ordered the Vics Collectors Wax for (as reading about it, it seemed the most appropriate for the cars that I have lined up).

I have got other waxes/sealants though that could possibly be used (cant remember exactly what ive got), if the Vics doesnt go down well.

Have I made a bit of a **** up with that order? :p

What did I tell you to use on other peoples cars?

Did you listen? Did you f**k! :eek:

What did I tell you to use on other peoples cars?

Did you listen? Did you f**k! :eek:

Ahhh s**t the bed... Maybe would have been useful if id have re-read through the whole thread last night. :eek:

My bad. Apologies. Looks like ill have to try out the Vics now anyway. Z2 will have to be bought next time I put an order in. ffs.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Anything apart from vics would have been great! That's a nice summer wax for your own car but not for other peoples.

Get some AG HD. Looks great and beads like mental. £25 delivered, comes in a box with apps, cloths and everything.

Would Pb natty's blue wax would good for what he wanted?

Also how long do panel pots last looking at getting a few so I can try out different waxes. 6-7 coats?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Easily mate if you apply it correctly. My Purple haze must have sen 10 coats and it's about 50% down.

Natty's blue is good but if applying to someone elses car i'd take durability over most things. Especially if they have no concern over detailing. Aslong as it's beading and sheeting they'll be happy.

Anything apart from vics would have been great! That's a nice summer wax for your own car but not for other peoples..

FFS... I might listen to you next time matey ;)

Ill have to try it on the girlfriends car first then, as ill be doing her car soon enough, see how it comes up and what I think about it, before using it on other peoples'. §

Golf GT & A4 Avant
C2 will supposedly provide good durability long after the beading drops off, probably 3x longer than vics from basic research. And as Gally said, HD wax will be a good one for other cars, 2 coats and mine lasts for ages with great beading.

rimwax is rubbish, wish I never bought it, will be trying C5 in my next order

STEALTH RAIDER
Its just down to personal preference as always. You will always have lovers and haters of every product out there. :dapprove::dapprove:

STEALTH RAIDER
The only issue with that then is the durability. When doing the work on other people's cars, I want something a little more durable so that their car is protected fro longer.

Wolfs nano wrap is underneath mate. the C2 on top is diluted. Just showing an example of how i use it over another non gtechniq brand. Durability isnt always the key but maybe with customers cars it is. Guaranteed that these super sealants that are out on the market today will out live a hell of a lot of waxes and offer a lot more protection along with other reasons too. Just because it isnt beading like a wax doesnt mean it isnt protected.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
just a few quick questions about C2 ...does it have any fillers in it and can it be used in along with (before) a wax? I use DJ Blue Velvet. what is it like on glass, rubbers, plastic trim, dash, etc...

also, has anybody used C2 on wheels? experiences???

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
C2 is the LSP mate. Think of it as a spray wax/sealant.

I wouldn't use it with anything else. It's there to provide protection on it's own.

C2 on wheels would work fine mate, not quite sure how long they would last.

SG9 Forester STi
I just used Dodo juice for the first time on Monday and I'm amazed. As much as I like AGHD the finish with Dodo juice was awesome.

DJ suggested Banana Armour for my colour car. Just ask them what's best for RB? I went for the hard wax, worth the extra effort imo :approve:.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
just a few quick questions about C2 ...does it have any fillers in it and can it be used in along with (before) a wax? I use DJ Blue Velvet. what is it like on glass, rubbers, plastic trim, dash, etc...

also, has anybody used C2 on wheels? experiences???

C2 has no fillers and is super clear, really shows the paint well. best not to use anything under or over it as it will affect its dur\ability and its self cleaning. both a friend with a subaru and my GF's golf had it applied neat to glass and plastics, every part apart from wheels

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
what type of affect did the C2 have on the plastics? does it restore their deep black shine? C2 definitely sounds like a very versatile product, definitely a 'must-have' product.

thanks a lot guys

I just used Dodo juice for the first time on Monday and I'm amazed. As much as I like AGHD the finish with Dodo juice was awesome.

DJ suggested Banana Armour for my colour car. Just ask them what's best for RB? I went for the hard wax, worth the extra effort imo :approve:.

I used Banana Armour on my RB at the weekend. Has really brought out the colour and looks amazing!!!