ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suggestions & Advice on 182 Replica

Clio Dynamic 1.2
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363817687.682582.jpg

Yo

I just purchased this dynamic 1.2 and am now wanting to build a 182 replica, would have got the real thing but insurance wouldn't allow me as I only passed my test few weeks ago (even the 1.2 is setting me back 2,600 a year on insurance)

So basically just wanted to see if any of you could maybe point me in the direction of how much it would roughly cost me to build a replica and where I should begin!

Cheers for all comments in advance!

330Ci cab
i wouldnt bother, it'll only increase your insurance. save your money for when you can afford one, believe me, it'll be worth it in the long run

Clio Dynamic 1.2
i wouldnt bother, it'll only increase your insurance. save your money for when you can afford one, believe me, it'll be worth it in the long run

It's a pain in the arse my friend is selling a 182 right now really cheap but quoted myself on it and cheapest I could find was 9 K :/ gonna have to wait few years I guess lol gutted!

clio 172 cup
if you want to do it youll need to buy a 182 for spares or repares (cheaper this way) the youll need:
*front wings
*arch liners
*front bumper
*rear bumper
*upper grill
*side skirts
*zenon headlights

after that youll either have to fit the 182 subframe to your car or buy spacers for the fronts as the wheels sit to far in the arches.

youll then need to find a way to retro fit the 182 exhaust be it either chopping and welding the centre section (cowboy but the cheapest way) or taking the 182 manifold and cat and hoping it fits your 1.2 engine.

that will get the outside looking about right then be case of fitting the interior and steering wheel and think thats about it

obviously to validate your insurance youll need to tell them all this though obviously its up to you if you do that.

finally sell of whats left of the 182 to recoop some of your money :) simples

Clio Dynamic 1.2
if you want to do it youll need to buy a 182 for spares or repares (cheaper this way) the youll need:
*front wings
*arch liners
*front bumper
*rear bumper
*upper grill
*side skirts
*zenon headlights

after that youll either have to fit the 182 subframe to your car or buy spacers for the fronts as the wheels sit to far in the arches.

youll then need to find a way to retro fit the 182 exhaust be it either chopping and welding the centre section (cowboy but the cheapest way) or taking the 182 manifold and cat and hoping it fits your 1.2 engine.

that will get the outside looking about right then be case of fitting the interior and steering wheel and think thats about it

obviously to validate your insurance youll need to tell them all this though obviously its up to you if you do that.

finally sell of whats left of the 182 to recoop some of your money :) simples

Thank you for all of that man that really helps I definitely want to to ahead with it because I want a 182 so bad but it's just not going to happen insurance wise so am hopefully gonna do it very soon will start looking for compete 182's for sale now thank you mate I appreciate it!!

don't bother, once you have spent the money on the parts and fitting and informed the insurance you might aswell of just gone and got a 182 to start with

CLIO 182
Having been young once, trust me. Run it as a cheap car and get the car you want when you can aford the insurance. It's really just not worth it.

The money you would spend, pop it in a jar and come the time when you go to a buy a 'real' car you'll have a fair whack of the money sitting there :)

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
I'm just getting out of being 'young' and I did as the guys before have suggested - I bided my time driving 1.1 renault 5's (seriously fun cars) til I was 21 when I bought my Williams and picked up my 182 last summer and now i'm growing my collection. You're best off saving it rather than spunking it on making a sheep in wolfs clothing - you'll only embarass yourself when one day you run into a real 182...

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Coming from experience of being in the exact same position as you, a 17 year old who wanted to and ultimately did build a rep, I wouldn't bother.

I spent a good £3000 on building mine (not including the price of the car), I didn't cut any corners and you could do it for a lot cheaper, but at the end of the day it's still a car worth £1000.

If I could rewind the clock 4 years I'm not sure if I'd have done it or not. I absolutely loved doing it, taking the car apart, spending hour after hour messing around and it has become a hobby I really enjoy, but the money could have been used in better ways or saved to get something better!

Liquid Yellow 1.5DCi
I wouldn't bother. I did it to mine relatively cheap as I did all the paintwork/strip and fitting of parts myself, and sourced all bits cheaply. But it's the sorta thing that will cost much more than the car is worth. Just my 2 cents

No-one seems to have told him it would need to be a 172 not 182!

His black non-sport will be Black Pearl NV676, 182 in black is Black Gold 267 (2 different colours)

best bet op if you want to go the rep route is to go for a 172 in black pearl (same colour as yours) to avoid a re-spray

Nah don't bother.

Deck it on some nice wheels, some 182 xenons, then run around in a tidy 1.2 and save for the real thing.

clio 172
You can pick the 172 bumpers and wings up cheap enough! As I think they're different from the ones you've currently got on yours at the mo.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
If u want to do a rep then do it
I'd just go for 172 rear bumper RS grill and lower cheaper and will look better
£250 ish