ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sudden drop in fuel economy!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Here we go again..... noticed a very sudden (literally last few days) drop in my fuel economy - and to a certain degree my performance. Automatically first thoughts were with the exhaust, rear section is fine, cat and front are VERY rusty but dont appear to be blowing....so are we all in agreement that its prob the bleeding lamda sensor???
Think a trip over to Ryan at NW Performance may be in order - 20 quid of fuel yesterday literally only lasted me a 30 mile round trip!

TYhere is also a rather nasty rattle and a bit of instability in the handling of the car..... are we thinking my ball joints or suspension bushes....car feels to want to "step out" when turning.

Many thanks for the upcoming advice ;)

Da

Less
Fuel economy - upstream lambda sensor.

Handling - could be ball joints, but could equally be a leaky (rear) shock absorber.