ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subframes/Sidemounts help

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Hope someone can help,

My car currently has cobra seats fitted with sidemounts and omp frames, I've had 2 different bucket seats in the past in clio's both using an omp frame and I find I just sit too close to the steering wheel.

Has anyone done/made anything so the seat can sit further back? I've noticed there is around 1.5" of the sidemount that I could re-drill to make the seat go further back but I'm not sure an inch will be enough.

Any advise appreciated

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
I just fitted some sliders to mine, trying to upload some pics at the mo but Flickr is on a go slow. Once there up il post them so you can see

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I just fitted some sliders to mine, trying to upload some pics at the mo but Flickr is on a go slow. Once there up il post them so you can see

I thought the same but my only worry with fitting sliders is it will raise the height of the seat up, something I'd rather was lower if anything

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Yea that's what's happened to mine.

Take it to a fabricator and see if they can add some bits too it. I had a guy just make a replica cobra x-low for £40

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Yea that's what's happened to mine.

Take it to a fabricator and see if they can add some bits too it. I had a guy just make a replica cobra x-low for £40
Think I'll do that mate, I was just going to do a bit of measuring and take some angles etc and just give them to someone to knock up. Do you think you could just modify the OMP subframe or start from scratch?

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Id just modify the OMP, but im cheap !

Only need to take it to them and say you need the mounting holes further back so they could weld in some extra metal behind the holes if that makes sense ?