ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subframe bolts

Bit of a bugger they were they're held on I found out today. Both bolts the 18mm one and the 16mm are both spinning the brackets have snapper. Can just about get a spanner into the rear one still solid though. The front one can't even see in there never mind get a spanner.

Any tips on what's best to resolve this problem?

Also anybody know the part number for new bolts/nuts/brackets

You can get a 16mm swan neck in both the front ones and an 18mm in one of the rear. The rear on the near side has very poor access, but you might get something in there.

Top tip, too late for you, use an impact wrench, less force on the clips that way.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i use stubby spanners, the rear ones can be a rite pain, the one i did today have to be wound in and out about 10 times before it was free enough to undo all the way.

172 + derv 206
i ended up cutting mine, though i did managed to loosen the bolts a bit first before. i jammed up the nut with a lever bar to stop it turning.

You can get a 16mm swan neck in both the front ones and an 18mm in one of the rear. The rear on the near side has very poor access, but you might get something in there.

Top tip, too late for you, use an impact wrench, less force on the clips that way.

I tried with an impact wrench on the rear as it seemed to be coming and it snapped the bit. Tried with a racthet on the front and same again was shocked they came loose so easily tbh. Thanks for the sizes I need.

i use stubby spanners, the rear ones can be a rite pain, the one i did today have to be wound in and out about 10 times before it was free enough to undo all the way.

Top tip and I really should have done this but ran out of patience today and they seemed to be coming quite freely Will try that with the other two.

more force you mean they always snap if you want to see the front one more front bumper off is easyer

Got the bumpers off and engine out so access is as good as possible. Apart from the steering rack is in the way a bit and the nut that is held in place by the rack is now spinning aswell so gave up for today thought i'd seek some advice on here. Thanks

i ended up cutting mine, though i did managed to loosen the bolts a bit first before. i jammed up the nut with a lever bar to stop it turning.

May try that actually. 18mm spanner doesn't seem to be a great fit managed to get it a bit of the way using this but can sense the nut starting to round.