ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub 8 mins RS250 megane sets record at ring!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Impressive! But...

Another fast lap with my Megane 250 Cup. With a few raindrops from Adenau until Mutkurve. And been overtaken by two crazy bikers ;) The car has now some modifications, a KW Clubsport Suspension is now mounted, also OZ Alleggerita rims with Federal RS595 tyres and a Ktec Exhaust system with a sports cat. Engine and brakes are still stock!"
Also what record did he break? Front Wheel drive?

I'm surprised the arches didn't come off at that speed...

172, Tiguan
Be interesting to see what a standard car with a factory driver achieves, though some of the regulars are getting a standard car round just over the 8min mark BTG.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
O rly? I thought it sound quite noice, the odd pop from the exhaust on the overrun makes me sexwee.
It sounds souless though. I think the F4R is similar no really grunt/noise/sound from it.

182 Turbo Project
They sound quite good from the outside imo, Ryan has one at NWP and it sounds quite good. Is the Megane a 5 cylinder? I'm sure the Focus sounds a lot more meatier Roy!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

The fact the one in the video has a meaty exhaust aswell and I assume the NWP has a fancy exhaust will change the note no matter how much you try and listen to the engine only.

182 Turbo Project
I believe Ryan's is stock, I will have to double check when i'm up next. Still impressive though! What are these Federal 595 tyres??

Stripped yozza'd cup
I believe Ryan's is stock, I will have to double check when i'm up next. Still impressive though! What are these Federal 595 tyres??

The don... that's what they are. Near R888 performance in the dry, ridiculous grip levels in the rain and fro a LOT less money. I ordered some yesterday :)

The 595RSR by the way.... they make a 595SS as well, which is not the same.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looks fast, & the interior view means you dont have to look at it ;)

Although judging by the speed at which the 250's had to get out of the way of the FailBus at Bedford, i'd assume that the pink shed could do the 'ring BTG in sub 6 minutes.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Looks fast, & the interior view means you dont have to look at it ;)

Although judging by the speed at which the 250's had to get out of the way of the FailBus at Bedford, i'd assume that the pink shed could do the 'ring BTG in sub 6 minutes.

Is this before or after the power steering reservoir empties itself? ;)

172/1.2/E30
it is actually not a record. the megane r26r did a FULL lap in just above 8 min, not the BTG tourist-drive stuff...

BMW M135i
It sounds souless though. I think the F4R is similar no really grunt/noise/sound from it.
That is an F4R btw. Just a different derietive, the FI version is a bit noiseless compared to the NA for sure. Wouldn't go as far as soulless though. Its not quite into 1.8T territory yet.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That is an F4R btw. Just a different derietive, the FI version is a bit noiseless compared to the NA for sure. Wouldn't go as far as soulless though. Its not quite into 1.8T territory yet.

I actually knew that I worded it rather wrong.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
mm1.jpg

looks awesome too!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I love em! White Cup without them bling wheels would do me fine!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Brilliant time tbh.

Why is the focus RS not beating it though with its revo suspension..???

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Because the the meggy has had it since the 225...... Its all about the Renaultsport chassis

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Focus chasis is superb also though,maybe its too heavy.?

Also when i looked for times i came across this

8:16.90 Renault Mégane RS R26.R Vincent Baylé 23 June 2008 FWD record

So how does this (stock) engine beat the lightest megane renault ever made with only maybe 30bhp more power...???