ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stu's Awesome Ph1 172

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Right am sure some people have seen the pics i put up of my ph1 i got last week in the media section. Well me bein me cant leave anything alone ;) so thaught id start a project thread for this! got it competely standerd bar a stainles magnex system! heres pics and plans / things ive already done!

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

things ive done so far are : put in black carpets, put in my sony head unit and got steering controls working, painted mirror covers black and diamond black, put in silver indicator bulbs, ph2 interior door handles and handbrake button. Just got some RS matts, getting K tec stainless stealth exhaust next week, got some colour coded handles and hopefully ph2 side strips to go on! painted calipers yellow

IMG_1697.jpg

much better imo!
IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

excuse iphone pics ;)

plans for next few weeks are, wheel refurb in anthracite, fabia splitter, clean up engine bay, clay/polish/wax for winter! new brakes+pads then in the next few months coilovers + better tyres! cup spoiler and maybe some new wheels :)

all C+C welcome

Cheers
Stu

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Re: ph1 project take 2

naebother ;) should fit up okish! its practically brand new lol!

Astra SRI/ Hornet

is that a piper exhaust or magnex? i had the piper on my 172cup and sounded good but looked gash. lol

mk2 ph1 1.4 S

Black mirrors look ghey saan! Try anthracite after wheels are done... They just look like poverty spec ones with black caps lol

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

aye its a magnex cat back im sure! does sound nice but id prefer a stealth one! more me tbh lol black mirrors are temp i think, they had been repainted at some point, very very badly! need mirror bases too as theyve been terribly painted! but ill get some new ones soon and CC the covers ;) black carpets ftw tbh! ;) hopefully antracite wheels will look decent! been eyeing up some white 2118s or purple rota slipstreams.....nom

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

well u know how many sets of wheels were on the last car! so dont be surprised if they do make an appearance lol. have a set of turbines in the garage still, and sold my clovers :( may try turbs when its lowerrr! may be a bit marmite!

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS

looks pretty, will look better once you've got the stealth, what happened to the mk1 you had tho dude?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

cheers mate! will indeed! and funny you ask, sold it on friday!...to muirs scrap merchant!

id drove it onto the trailer about 2hrs before hand

IMG_1721.jpg

cyeeee

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

the end of that then

IMG_1735.jpg

:D

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

was completely rotten everywhere tbh! and was an rsi so not a valver so not as bad :)

and yeah low is basically what im wanting most atm! just cant afford it the now! miss the lowness of my last one so much haha wanting to space the wheels out a bit too, want to get it stanced well and handle good at the same time! looking at the weitec coilover setup but its just shy of 600! so will have to be a next year job if thats the case! with xmas and a new year to celebrate on the way! ;)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

cheers ma man :) and not too bad! what about yersel?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

dan you massive gay with ure bluey mirror covers!!

and mcaff..i know :( lelel

whisky, no idea!

todays efforts wereeee, colour coded handles on, sprayed up my ph2 strips so they should be on later this week, only have 1.2 badges for them though! lol put ph1 lights in the back but with ph2 bulb holders! think thats all today :)

Jap Box

Not a fan of the black mirrors :(

Other than that its looking good!

Kept your old carpet by any chance? It in good nic? I might be interested at the right price as I missed out on the black one on ebay that only went for £8 :(

mk2 ph1 1.4 S

Look up the paint code then bawsacks! Leave the phase 2 lights on ya big gay!

And figure out of the exhaust will fit mine lol

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

Yeah rob rattle cans, got them out halfrauds, didnt notice titanium though! Will have a look when im next in :) will get pics later on of handles and ph2 strips! Look ok tbh! And ph1 lights with ph2 holders ftwtbhhhh ;)

And black mirrors are temp so its all good! Have blue carpets in the shed u can have altho there may be paint on those ones lol ill check!

And whisky its 640 i think? Text me anyway jewbus instead of spamin up ma awesome thread ;) haha

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

So your car is iceberg? Sorry dude didn't pay too much attention?

I only asked about titanium as that's what I thought yours was!

Never really liked the ph 1 that much but after seeing this one i like

great work! :)

btw how do you change the handbrake button i wanna do that in mine?

Jack

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

yeah man iceberg ;) best silver ;) haha

and cheers jack, if u get a small flat screwdriver put it down the side and it just pops off

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

put CCd handles on and got my ph2 strips on today, only have 1.2 badges so i smartied the s**t outa them, looks kinda gay, needs lowerd..:(

IMG_1811.jpg

need more paint to finish the ph2 back sections!

heres not as gay with just normal badges

IMG_1765.jpg

smarties diamond to match bullits LOL

IMG_1813.jpg

im also aware it needs a wash :D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Looks like you've done a nice job with the side strips man, how's the match??

All just done with rattle can's??

You just use halfords primer etc?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

whisky - it has 1 clear one ;) bahaha

and the job isnt too bad! done them in a rush tbh! they were black textured ones to start with, and the match isnt too bad imo

and i used u-pol filler primer, u-pol grey primer, halfords paint then u-pol laquer

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

another clear side repeater if theres one ;) haha and i cant afford anything else atm! my monies is going on other things ;)

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra

comin along nicely matey, horse those colourful bullets immediately tho!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

aye failphone cameras baws, but meh!

todays efforts!

IMG_1844.jpg

before
IMG_1686.jpg

after
IMG_1847.jpg

much better! altho the other one sounded much better tbh!

and a random piccy

IMG_1828.jpg

that is all :)