ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stub axle bolt help

I'm trying to replace a stripped stub axle and have hit a snag. 3 of the four bolts have come out no problem however the fourth is being a bit of a pig and was going to resort to cutting it off and replacing. I've been to Renault and they tell me the smaller one is apparently discontinued!

Surely this can't be the case?

Ok bolt out. Problem no2.

qajuby2y.jpg

One on the left is the replacement (I have2)

It looks as though I've had 182 stubs on my 172 axle?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Think you need to replace both sides if your going for that size replacement stub.

Think you need to replace both sides if your going for that size replacement stub.

I'm a bit worried they may not be from a 172. You don't know the dimensions of a genuine one?

Bought off eBay as 172 stubs. I'm a bit worried about wheel clearance

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
The left stub will mean the wheels fit further in the arch so clearance won't be an issue.

The looks of the rear wheels maybe a bit lost as to how it was before though.

I've measured the bases and the one on is 18-19mm and the new one is around 14-15mm. Done with tape measure unfortunately. Do these dimensions sound about right for a 172/ 182?

Cheers for the offers guys. I've managed to get it back together. Done a trial fit and it looks as though there it's just enough clearance. So I'm guessing these are the right ones. Will do for now anyway so I can eventually get it moted.