ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strong burning smell from inside car!

172 MoNaCo.....
hey, i got in the car 2nite to go to the gym and opened the door to a horrible burning smell.i figured it maybe from were i got stuck in snow yesterday and its just tyre burn.
but when i started the engine the radio,heaters didnt work plus the "door open" light was on the dash, i opened and closed all doors but no joy.

so was hoping someone cud help me out here??????

maybe fuses??
i installed a sub, amp and headunit over xmas but checked the boot and theres no smell and all connections are tight and clean!

i just prey nothing has burnt out to bad!

cheers
liam.

172 MoNaCo.....
oh! and my electric mirrors started moving on there on and the control for them has stuck and wont move!lol.
hope someone can help with this!
havnt had time to check fuses yet.
its a 2002 172 by the way!

t3 corolla 116bhp
its like a secondary ecu that regulates some electrical functions of the car like electric windows and other things. not entirely well-up on the subject but one or 2 have given trouble

172 MoNaCo.....
had a look tonight and a 20amp fuse had blown, replaced it and it seems to be holding.
but still got a nasty burn smell inside the cabin.as if a motor or something has burnt out?any ideas?
guna take it down the local garage 2mz.
i had the car serviced at renault 2weeks ago do u think i shud take it back to them???car was fine b4 it went there.