ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange problem with my Clio

Renault Clio
Hello, I've had my Clio, 1.2 Authentique 2003 for about 2 months now and i was driving it the other day when I lost all power completely and slowed right down. I then turned the key and nothing happening at all! And now when ever I turn the key to its full position nothing happens, there is just a click noise that happens once under the bonnet when you turn it, there isn't even the turning over noise of it trying to start, I've had a mobile mechanic out and he has told me that it is probably gonna be a job for an Auto electrician, but I've heard they cost a bomb! So has anyone got any suggestions to what it might be?
Thanks

renault clio 1.4 16v
If it suddenly switched off check all the earth straps, main engine bay fuses, ecu and uch fuses etc, what dash lights are on with ignition?

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Mobile mechanic sounds a bit useless?

Probably a earth wire compromised. The clicking is probably a short out.

Won't be the crankshaft sensor. The electrics aren't cut out by this component