ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange hunting at speed

Clio 200 CUP
So I've got an issues with my 02 172 cup 1st and 2nd gear are fine pulling off is fine but when in 3rd/4th following other cars it won't hold a steady rev it dips and then jolts forward under power it's fine runs fine and pulls fine but as soon as you are following behind somebody in a queue I slips back into jolting forwards like it's hunting on revs plus the speed needle seems to fluctuate quite a lot when this happens , I've just had the lambs sensor swapped due to a decat pipe being fitted but it was present before is it worth changing plugs leads and coilpack?

Any help would be great

Clio RS 172 2002
Absolutely. My 172 had exactly the same problem -- wobbly speedo needle, a speed surge while cruising. I changed everything like plugs, crank sensor but it made no difference. New speedo sensor fixed it.

Non-OEM items are pretty cheap.