ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange banging clunking noise drivers front

Clio 182
Hi I've noticed a banging clunking noise from drivers front side check wheel bearing all bushes all seam to be OK even checked spring and that's ok too any one have any ideas please

Clio sport 182
Hi I've noticed a banging clunking noise from drivers front side check wheel bearing all bushes all seam to be OK even checked spring and that's ok too any one have any ideas please

Could possibly be the shocker my friend. If everything else seems okay I would say that's the problem.

Clio 182
Got newish shockers on minght change top mounts or try the washer fix first then I'll take it from there cheers I'll look into it

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yes mate I would go for top mount and washer mod.

Had a very similar knocking noise on my 182 recently and was driving me mental - changed both top mounts with spacers and all sorted.

I have some spare spacers here for you also buddy - pop round and they're yours.

Clio 182
Cheers mossyv6 do I need to take the whole strut off or just the nut on top I'm picking some new top mounts from euro tomorrow £3 each I've just been out to it and the whole strut top is aping in my hand and the passenger one it solid so I think it's vibrated loose (hopefully) nothing else

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
To fit these spacers you need to take the top nut off and remove black top hat and place spacer underneath.

Top mounts for £3 doesn't sound right buddy. They are £20 to £30. The mount is rubber and comes with a bearing. You have to remove the strut and sits on top before the bodywork before top hat.

Yes during the work is no probs pal.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
image.png

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Cheers mossyv6 do I need to take the whole strut off or just the nut on top I'm picking some new top mounts from euro tomorrow £3 each I've just been out to it and the whole strut top is aping in my hand and the passenger one it solid so I think it's vibrated loose (hopefully) nothing else

Just tighten up with decent ring spanner and Allen key - think it's 21mm nut.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Not everyone has a buzz gun buddy :(

But must admit I do nip to my local tyre place if I can't shift them first time ;)
Without doubt an absolute must!!! If I had to start again with all my tools and bits it would be the first thing I bought!! Haha

Where's the car??

Clio 182
When you remove the whole strutt do you need to remove the spring or does it fit on top of Spring

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
When you remove the whole strutt do you need to remove the spring or does it fit on top of Spring

Well if you're undoing the top nut thats usually the only thing holding the spring in place, so it'll need to be compressed to stop it pinging off.