ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stop warning light flashing combined with handbrake light??

182 Cup
My 182 cup has suddenly decided it wants to start screwing up. The stop warning light has flashed up a few times combined with the handbrake light a few times when i've been on the motorway The manual doesn't really say much other than it could be a brake circuit fault/fluid is too low in the circuit but just wanted to know if anyone has a bit more of idea about this?
This combined with a clunking sound when it's on full left lock is really making me remember why i never wanted to buy french :mad: any help would be great

Thanks

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Normally means your brake fluid is low, The clunking noise will be another seperate fault.

182 Cup
yeh the clunking i know is completely unrelated more worried about the braking but just checked the fluid level and it isn't low so no clue from there really

phase 1 172
Check ya brake fluids defo but also mine does something similar which ive found a cure to, every now n then my hazards and service light come on for no reason at all and stay on for a while until i turn the car off take the key out lock and unlock the car fire it up again and its fine - im guessin somethin to do wit my alarm or immoiliser but havent had any auto electricians to check it out yet hope u work it out anyway :)

182 Cup
thanks, checked the fluid levels and they're all good which is confusing as everything seems to point to that usually being a cause. it's done it on the exact same part of the motorway both times now so maybe it's just a fault or it could be because it needs new abs rings but hopefully it's sorted making me paranoid every time i drive the damn thing atm but thanks for the advice :)

Sigmamark

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 530 Touring
My stop and warning lights come on occasionally on track days, usually before I go metal to metal with the front pads!! Have you checked your pads to see it they are close to the limits?

1.2 clio
Check that the wiring that goes to the brake fluid sensor isn't hanging down and burning ect.. A clip broke on my old one burnt the wiring made it come on.

182 Cup
Check that the wiring that goes to the brake fluid sensor isn't hanging down and burning ect.. A clip broke on my old one burnt the wiring made it come on.

ah thank you for that :) will get the car up and check that tomorrow as noticed something hanging down but haven't looked properly yet to see what it is.

172cup
Mines making a clucking sound when on full right but normally when going over a bump but these are never easy to find the problem as it could be a number of things , normally with these problem's I leave till there they get worse and easier to find

182 Cup
Mines making a clucking sound when on full right but normally when going over a bump but these are never easy to find the problem as it could be a number of things , normally with these problem's I leave till there they get worse and easier to find
mines only on full left normally but getting more frequent on right as well now so will be sending it in to be checked soon thanks though!

Clunking noise more than likely will be top mounts and spring related.

Cal

okay thanks for that, will be asking the garage to check that as well then when it goes in later in the week!