ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stiffen up the steering?

Ok, so one thing that I'm wanting to improve on the sunflower is it's steering. As with most 13 year old cars, its probably had better days in that department.

What do I need to sort to improve this?
(The car is used for day to day driving and the odd blast. Can't see it ever going on track etc. Coilovers may be on the cards soon though)

I was going to buy the Polybush bushes/ARB etc, but do they improve the actual steering, I.e. make it feel tighter etc?

Any insight would be awesome.

Cheers.

SQ5
Track rods and ends, ball joints, all new wishbone and ARB rubbers.

No need to polybush IMO, new will make it feel amazing.

Just go genuine Renault then?

Are the wishbones expensive? I'd expect them to be quite an expense.
Iirc, I changed the ball joints last year, but I'll have to check my receipts.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Also you could look at replacing the steering rack mounts, the rubbers wear.
I think that Renault do a kit for about £45

Megane r26
Also you could look at replacing the steering rack mounts, the rubbers wear.
I think that Renault do a kit for about £45

The kits about 26 quid from Renault contains the rubbers, clamps and nuts.

I'm currently doing similar, I have bought.

Inner track rods
Track rod ends
Rack mounts
Bottom ball joints
Power flex bushes

Cheers guys. My insurance is up in a couple weeks, so once I've sorted that, I'm going to get going on some plans, make a list of parts and get booked in to Diamond Motors. Lol

GSXR + KDX220
Yep as a pair, I paid 13 quid each from Renault

Thats weird, I just remembered I requested a price from West's Renault on here and he came back with

HI THERE,
S/Rack bush - 7701470760 - £27.22 x2

How did you get them for £13? Unless he got his wires crossed or it means £27.22 for both

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah I got my rack mount bushes recently from Renault - they were £40-something for the pair

GSXR + KDX220
Lol, some very different prices flying about for these! Do Renault make it up as they go??!

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ Probably! lol

I'll check my invoice and report back what mine were exactly.
Before I ordered them there was a thread and almost everyone was saying they were in around £45-47 for the pair - £13 had alarm bells ringing with me!

Megane r26
^ Probably! lol

I'll check my invoice and report back what mine were exactly.
Before I ordered them there was a thread and almost everyone was saying they were in around £45-47 for the pair - £13 had alarm bells ringing with me!

I got mine through Adam (t21ads)