ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sticky accelerator pedal

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Hi All,

Have a Mk1 RS 172 with cable throttle, now pedal gets stuck sometimes especially when you press it gently and idles around 1500-2000 rpm. Once it happens either a quick hit or lifting the pedal solves the problem, Anybody experienced similar problem before? How can I fix it?

Recently got the throttle box (or whatever it is called :) ) cleaned, and got the cable changed and the problem still continues.

Thanks for comments

Clio 172 Cup
Hi,

I had exactly the same fault with my MK1 172, i traced it to the throttle body end off the accelerator cable. The cable had frayed inside on the bend as it doubled back to go across the bulk head. I just changed the cable (genuine Renault) and this sorted the problem straight away. I would suggest checking the cable again just make sure its not bent to tightly anywhere and it runs freely. If the cable is ok it could only realy be the pedal sticking. The fact that lifting the pedal stops the reving suggest its nothing to do with the throttle body.

hope this helps.

As Toph said the cable is the problem there a Renault techical note out a new cable not difficult to fit and solves the problem.

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
changed the cable but the problem still persists, mechanic suspects the sensor on the throttle box (potentiometer). Unfortunately you cannot buy the sensor itself, it comes with the box and pretty expensive. Any opinions can it be from this sensor?

Mr2 Roadster
I have changed the cable and the throttle body and it still persists.

I've just changed to a second cable and it's almost perfect but still sticks a little. I just don't get it???

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
changed the throttle body, seems OK now but still do not understand where and what was the problem?