ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stereo permanent live help??

Clio 172 Cup
Wonder if anyone can offer any help, I have an issue with my Ph2 172 Cup losing stereo pre-set stations and the clock (time) resetting every time ignition is turned on. I have removed stereo and the yellow wire which should be permanent live is dead. The ignition live (red) works fine.
Does anyone know the source of the permanent live (yellow wire) within the supposed distribution? I am assuming it comes from somewhere within the engine bay fuse/supply distribution :S just wonder if anyone knows where it is actually fed from?

Any help appreciated :approve:

You tried plugging yellow into red and red into yellow... sometimes they need swapping round depending on the headunit.

Clio 172 Cup
Is it a standard headunit?

No mate, it is an after market unit, all works fine barring it loses presets and also the clock resets time every time it is started.

You tried plugging yellow into red and red into yellow... sometimes they need swapping round depending on the headunit.

As above mate, I have tested the wires and there isn't a permanent live among them, so wondering where that one is actually fed from and fused? The fuse for the stereo/clock and lighter is on passenger side panel, but this is for the ignition switched live which is ok. I need to located where the battery permanent live is fed from, any help appreciated.

Jeff

275 Trophy
Haynes manual has the wiring diagrams. I know they don't do 1*2 specificly but what your interested in should be the same across the range.

Clio 172 Cup
Just to update incase anyone else ever has similar issue. It turned out to be a fuse which wasn't even fitted which was the problem, the reason I never even considered this is that the fuse located was marked with an image of a mirror with 4 direction arrows (signifying electric mirrors) which my car didn't have so assumed (wrongly) that it was omitted due to lack of fitment.
Installed the fuse and now all works perfectly :D

Thanks to all for suggestions...........

Clio 172 PH2
Which wires are these please and where from?, my pioneer loses radio presets. It's just plugged into standard harness from the csr

Thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Which wires are these please and where from?, my pioneer loses radio presets. It's just plugged into standard harness from the csr

Thanks
Swap the red and the yellow wires around on the pioneer half of the wiring harness.