ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel Sensors ABS/ESP/CRUSE CONTROLE/SERV LIGHTS ON AND ALSO HORN NOT WORKIN

387bhp RB Trophy SC
I PLUGGED IT IN AND IT SAYS STEERING WHEEL ANGLE SENSOR, SQUIB and brake peddle switch.

I have replaced the brake peddle switch but I still have the lights up. The ABS/ESP LIGHT WHENT OUT FOR A FEW MINS AS I TOOK IT OUT ROUND THE BOCK AS I WAS DRIVING DOWN MY DRIVE THEY CAME BACK ON.

My horn has stoped working also with all the above lights on and my cruise controle has stoped working etc.

Would you buy a second hand squib steering wheel angle sensor or a new set?

Last edited:

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Re: Steering Wheel Sensors ABS/ESP/CRUSE CONTROLE/SERV LIGHTS ON AND ALSO HORN NOT WO

I have all the same lights on as you except my CC. I'm thinking of trying
renparts too see what they quote and they trying too find someone too calibrate it ffor me llocally or wwill be giving mick a call.

387bhp RB Trophy SC
Re: Steering Wheel Sensors ABS/ESP/CRUSE CONTROLE/SERV LIGHTS ON AND ALSO HORN NOT WO

My CC light is not on, I was mistaken. It was ABS ESP SERV LIGHT ON, but my CC and horn does not work. I got a new squib with steering wheel angle sensor today from renparts for £54.50 daliverd. I hope that when I fit it all the lights go out and my CC and horn will work again. It should do as my code reader says that the squib and steering wheel angle sensor is fooked. Will the lights go out automaticaly or will I have to cancel them on my code reader? I had already canceld them but they just came strait back up shortly after.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy

Try fitting it then canceling the codes as you done again and see what happens. Im
not sure wether it's just a straight fit as I've heard they need calibrating so the TC understands where and how much you are turning.

Have you played with yours for it too be a problem? I fitted and removed my wheel, so I've fucked up.

Let me know how you get on. All those lights are annoying.

clio 172

I broke mine and have just fitted a second hand one off somebody from the forum but still doesn't work all same problems as above.

clio 172

I took it to my mates work to reset it but not sure if it just his equipment that won't do it. Where can I have it done around Huddersfield??