ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel Impossible to Remove

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I just fitted an OMP boss and steering wheel but the angle sensor isn't in line so I have to remove the wheel and reposition it.
My problem is that it will NOT come off. No matter how hard I pull/wiggle it. I'll bend the wheel before I get the boss off.

Any ideas.

It seemed to be tight to get on. I had to get it on by tightening the bolt instead of pushing it on freely.

Thanks,
Sonny

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Wheel should come off befor you take the boss off mate?

Should be easy? Get a picture up maybe that will help

Ph1 172
Im guessing he means the nut is off the steering column, but the boss is still wedged onto. Probably didnt help forcing it on, but what about some sort of puller method?

Put the torx screw back in, but loosely, so the boss can come out a bit.
Then bang the boss/steering wheel backwards, wiggle it side to side, so it works off.

By leaving the torx screw in, when it pops free it won't come flying off, ripping of sensors and god knows what.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Sound like you might not have lined the boss up properly when fitting it, as it should just slide on nicely by hand. And it is possible to put them on wrong, even though they are keyed with the double spline.

You will be able to get it off though, try putting the bolt on loosely like said and putting a bar through the boss to pull on and hammer against. Might destroy the boss but it's worth it.

I had two people swinging like mad on it and it wouldnt come off. Borrowed a big 3 legged puller and it came off with ease. So if anyone else ever struggles don't even waste your energy trying - just get hold of a puller!