ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering wheel controls

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
hey iv fitted my after market cd player and bought all the leads i need for the steering wheel controls to work but still nothing anyone got any ideas??

cheers mickie

53 Clio 172
i have this problem on mine. I have an alpine head unit and want to be able to use controls,any ideas?

Listerine & Poledo
i have this problem on mine. I have an alpine head unit and want to be able to use controls,any ideas?

Could be a faulty connector, or you need to program the head unit.

my alpine and stalk/display lead gets funny depending on which corner I turn

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
anyone know what i have to do to connect up my pioneer head unit to steering controls

Looking for 182
I fitted the cables so that the steering wheel controls work with my Alpine headunit. It all works fine, but now there are so many cables I can't even get the headunit in half way :(

I am so annoy. I just kicked a bush to vent my anger, as I'd been out in the cold for an hour trying to get the bloody thing working. I wish I hadn't bothered now!

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
yeah iv got all the cables and its all conected and theres nothing to turn on on the headunit its self im beat but i want it working even tryed halfords haha and they cant get it either

R8G R26
I fitted the cables so that the steering wheel controls work with my Alpine headunit. It all works fine, but now there are so many cables I can't even get the headunit in half way :(

I am so annoy. I just kicked a bush to vent my anger, as I'd been out in the cold for an hour trying to get the bloody thing working. I wish I hadn't bothered now!

Hey, seems this is a pretty common problem, I just Installed a Alpine CDA 117 Head uint in my Clio 182 and I can't get the bloody stalks to do anything.
I bought all the right plugs and adaptors from Incartek, I'm begining to wonder if one of the plugs is faulty.

Can the guys that have installed a Alpine Head Unit in a Clio 182 with stalk control success, let me know what brand the harness is and the part number you used.
Its killing me not being able to use the stalk controls.
Cheers

172 Cup
I've got the same problem with my JVC unit, got the 'connects2' adapter for it but still no steering controls. Any idea's how you would program the stalk to the unit? The connects2 thingy converts the stalk control into a normal 3.5mm audio jack...tried this in the only available sockets in both the front and back of HU but still no joy.