ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering wheel change problems

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
ive changed my steering wheel for a aftermarket one, and now my dashboard is lit like a christmas tree

DSC00081.gif

the lights that have come are

ESP
airbag
service
ABS

i read that the esp could be related to the angle sensor on the steering wheel and that the airbag and service and need resistors even though that a fittind the fuse that came with the bag. and the Abs light i havent got a clue?

are these the resistor's that i need for the air bag

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50-x-3-9M-Ohm...al_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item3eefbdcaaf

renaultsport clio172
sounds like you need an airbag simulator like you say a resistor, that would give you the airbag and serv light. check the clock spring wires aswell coz the wires always break on these and i think the angle sensor is part of the clock spring and that would bring the esp and abs light on if it damaged. the clock spring is fixed to the column and will only rotate two turns each way so if its not centred then it will pull the wiring ribbon straight out. there about £60 from renault, ive just done one at work! easy to do with the wheel off. check it first tho mate!