ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel - can you fit cruise buttons to a 172 wheel

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Im wanting to get a steering wheel retrimmed. I have got a spare 172 mk2 steering wheel that doesnt have the cruise buttons on the wheel. I was hoping to get this wheel retrimmed and then take the cruise buttons off my 182 wheel and fit to the new trimmed wheel. Is this possible?
Im in a bit of a hurry with this one as I want to get over to Royal retrims today

02 Iceberg 172
Yes it can be done - I retro-fitted cruise control to my 172 and fitted the cruise buttons to the wheel no problem :smile:

Reactions: Gus
  Transit & Death trap
100% Yes.
They are simply held in with screws, so you just have to pull out the plastic horn ring and unbolt the CC button and put them on your newly trimmed wheel.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
You are a life saver - If i could press the LIKED button 10 times I would !!

02 Iceberg 172
Just be careful when you remove the plastic horn ring - it can snap if you are a bit too heavy handed with it.
IIRC there is actually a screw already on the left side that you can use to fix the button down but there was nothing on the right hand side, but I found some small 8G self tappers worked a treat.

Full Fat 182
@optical why don't you just remove the 182 wheel and get that one retrimmed, and pop the 172 wheel on in the mean time?? Thats what I did... it only takes 2 minutes to pop your steering wheel off and a new one on. Saves swapping the cruise control buttons?

Reactions: Gus