ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Angle Sensor

Megane 230 R26
Afternoon all,

Just had a call from a mate of mine who's done the cambelt on a 182 for someone and in the process taken the rack off to drop the engine down, it's all back together and driving fine, no sensor connections have been disturbed etc. and he's thoroughly checked everything but when you turn the wheel you get a fault light, which reads "Steering Angle Sensor".

Resetting it gets rid until you turn the wheel again... surely he's not disturbed it as per other people have, as he hasn't touched the steering wheel. Any ideas?

Chris

Skoda Fabia vRS
if its the one behind the steering wheel then they can need programming at the dealers, in moving the rack could he have knocked it out of sync, ive no idea tbh im not a mechanic lol

can i ask why he needed to take the rack off though ?

Megane 230 R26
Cheers I have already said that to him, we'll see what happens... he's also found some Autodata info on a Megane for a similar prob, which mentions taking some fuses out and fitting a shunt across two of them :S

Apparently he took it off to drop the engine down, to do the cambelt... as we all know the 182 has a notoriously tight engine bay...