ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steel wheels for a 172??

RS6 C7
We're turning our 172 into a works van,

Now the plan is to make it look a bit "rough" on the outside but underneath it will be very capable.

Does anyone know of any steel wheels that would be suitable as a direct fit? They will need to be the same width (or very similar) to standard 172 wheels.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Use the steel 15's a non sport came with.

Non sports only came with 14 inch steels. Unless you manage to find 4 spare wheels from a dynamique or privilege.

Easiest option is the steel wheels from a 1999-2002 megane/megane scenic. Loads of 15 inch steels on them.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Non sports only came with 14 inch steels. Unless you manage to find 4 spare wheels from a dynamique or privilege.

Easiest option is the steel wheels from a 1999-2002 megane/megane scenic. Loads of 15 inch steels on them.

Oh, I had a spare in the garden from my 1.2. It was a 15 so guessed they all were...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Awfulthentique and expressions were the only ones with steel wheels, and they were 14s.

Dynamique, privilege and initiale all had 15 inch alloy wheels but had 15 inch steels as spares.

Ph1 Renaultsport had 15 inch wheels and a 15 inch alloy spare.

Ph2 Renaultsport had 16 inch alloys and 16 inch alloy spare.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm just spitting the bare facts bruv.

​(That came from working there for 7 years!)

535d / t5 caravelle
15" steelies off a clio 16v or williams fit. i run them in the winter, look s**t on this pic, but same as the williams wheels on clio 172/182's look very good in the flesh, i love em, going to get them refurbed and looking tidy!

christening060.jpg

Last edited:
  Audi A5
I might have a couple 15" Renault steelys kicking about I could sell you cheap.

And as sam says, yes you should need new bolts, ones with out washers for steelys. I've probably got some of these as well but I'd imagine you could just make these.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Will have to run spacers with steelies. The 172 widetrack on my dci makes the standard 15" steelie hide in the arch. Td's come almost level