ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steaming windows, moisture in heater vents?

Renault 5 GT Turbo
I have an issue with the windows steaming up. It seems to happen only when the AC is turned off (always set to Auto). Pressing the demist button clears the screen almost instantly, and I have to keep cycling between the two modes.

I noticed it originally in the summer. If I had been out in the car during the day while it was warm and the AC was on, but then went out again in the evening it would fog the windows up instantly, almost as if the moisture collected by the AC hasn't drained away. Now it's getting wet and damp out the problem is getting worse.

I can't see any leaks in the car, all the foot wells seem to be dry. I guess the first thing to look at is the drainage points if someone could direct me to them.

Thank You.

Ash.

It's just the character of AC I think, most cars do the same including mine. I've found that if I cycle between demist enough times it eventually leaves the AC on automatically. The only way to get rid of it is to keep it on auto with the windows open, it allows the moisture out of the car and the screen demists eventually.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Make sure the recirculation is turned off, and that the pollen filter isn't blocked :)

Make sure the recirculation is turned off, and that the pollen filter isn't blocked :)
This. The recirculation motor is probably knackered and the flap is shut.

An easy fix is to tape it open or replace the motor which I think was about 120 brand new. I went with the first option

PH2 172
This. The recirculation motor is probably knackered and the flap is shut.

An easy fix is to tape it open or replace the motor which I think was about 120 brand new. I went with the first option

Leave an open bag of cat litter in the car,front passenger footwell is the safe place,not the on the parcel shelf behind your head.
,H&S rules.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I will second fogfight. It's very good. With the ignition on can you hear the recirc moving. I've never heard of them going. Mine also mists up rather easily an I have no idea why. Guess it's my wet shoes on the mat. When I'm going along though I have no problems. Just when starting off.