ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealth exhaust

Clio williams / 172
I belive i have on my clio a ktech stealth exhaust. The back box hangs via a band clamped around the backbox into the hanger. The clamp wont tighten enough around the back box for more than a few days before it slides around causing the exhaust to drop onto the rear beam, and i start again. What have people done to solve this?? Appart from welding the exhaust clamp to the back box in place.

Clio williams / 172
This is the said clamp around it
yrasyqym.jpg

Lock tight on the thread of the bolt?

failing that take the clamp right off bend it slighly so its a more 'snug' fit, lock tight the thread and job should be a goodun

phase 1 flamer 172
I haven't done anything as my btb dosnt slip, but as a suggestion how about some packing under the clamp so its tighter.

Clio williams / 172
Its not the nut and bolt undoing its like it doesnt clamp around tight enough. The bolt wont go anymore and ot holds exhaust its like it vibrates around in the mount. Have tried a bit or rubber packing as suggested will try a few mor bits placed around it