ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealth Backboxes

Disastra Coupe
Hi Folks,

Bit of a dilemma here. My Clio is currently sporting one of these twin tailpipe job's (both on the same side)... I'm unsure what make it is but it looks decently quality and sounds nice. Not loud, pretty quiet. It's a cat back system too.

The only problem is i don't like it. I'd rather have a hidden exhaust. I've looked on K-Tec's website and the Stealth seems like what i want, but i'd have to but the whole cat-back. All i want is a backbox.

Does anyone else make a Stainless Backbox, stealth type without me having to buy the whole lot. I've searched etc. so please excuse my ignorance if this has been covered many times.

Thanks.

Disastra Coupe
Why not just buy another Renault back box ?

That would mean standard sound, yes? I don't want it to sound standard... I want a nice burble etc. But not excessively loud.

Also, i didn't fit the backbox that is currently on. Came with the car.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
That would mean standard sound, yes? I don't want it to sound standard... I want a nice burble etc. But not excessively loud.

Also, i didn't fit the backbox that is currently on. Came with the car.

Try Bush Tyres and exhaust. I got my standard one replaced by them. they had a choice of 2 OEM stealth looking systems, one for £160ish and one for £210ish. i was told the cheaper sounded more raspy and the dearest just sounded same as standard. I went for the cheaper option and i am more than happy with it, quite deep sounding at low/midrange revs for a standard exhaust with a nice burble when you take your foot of the pedal.

Oh yeah, and prices where for a cat back system (backbox and mid-section)

Disastra Coupe
Only question being how much is mine worth and would it sell easy?

Only pic i have of it, don't know if anyone would have any idea's what it is??

5192862765_296501a885_b.jpg

Disastra Coupe
Think i'm just going to go with a Stealth system then. Is the Supersport (think that's it's name) very loud? It's cheaper but if it's unbearably loud i'll go for the quieter one.

Iceberg 172
Supersport is mild steel aint it???

If I could do the exhaust again I'd go for the single exit recessed KTEC exhaust, not the stealth one. I really like the single exit recessed one and at least you can see where the noise is coming from rather than people just thinking your car is broken!!!

Disastra Coupe
Supersport is mild steel aint it???

If I could do the exhaust again I'd go for the single exit recessed KTEC exhaust, not the stealth one. I really like the single exit recessed one and at least you can see where the noise is coming from rather than people just thinking your car is broken!!!

Looks stainless on the K-Tec website??