ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting problem.....

Clio Sport 172 Ph1
Hi peeps just wondered if anyone had any ideas as to what it could be????
The car runs perfect and most times will start first time, but every now and then it can take a little while to start! car turns over fine just dont fire up....... could this be the immobiliser????
Thanks for reading.

RS 182 CUP
coil pack? checked plugs and leads? checked fuel filter? faulty fuel pump? poss faulty tdc sensor

Clio Sport 172 Ph1
Coil pack, plugs and leads are all fine. If I push the button on the key a couple times then it seems to start??

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Chances are it'll be the crank position sensor at fault but as with all things with new cars, without diagnostics its purely guess work. If you suspect an imobilliser issue you will need to keep an eye on the status LED; Flashing LED whilst cranking = Imob fault. Steady LED whilst cranking = Imob deactivated.

Iceberg Ph1
Coil pack, plugs and leads are all fine. If I push the button on the key a couple times then it seems to start??

I had this exact issue on my Ph1, the car would not start, unless I pressed the button on the fob and turned the ignition over, if this is the case, I had to buy a new key

Clio Sport 172 Ph1
cheers people for your replys, turns out it is the immobiliser playing up as the flashing light flashes rapidly until i press the button on the key then it starts first time! think a new keys on the list anyway....