ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard shocks vs koni adjuatable?

Johno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Basically my rear koni adjustables are fubar!! Do i have the refurbed or go back to genuine? Thoughts from people with experience.

Car has H&R springs and whiteline ARB if it makes a difference?

Johno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
up in the air garage anyway, just in process of changing engine wiring loom.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
The Clio 172/182 out handled a whole range of competition when on sale, I see no need to upgrade. For fast road the cars handling is amazing as standard...

Johno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
just looked, thats a cracking price! gonna check on refurb price and if stupid gonna get them i think

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I would personally go Standard OE.

On the other hand if you had the Invoice for the Konis and they had been covered under warranty then fair enough.

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Why are the 172 cup shocks cheaper than the 182 oe shocks(£85.40) on that Renault parts direct site? If I buy the 2 172 cup shocks for £72.84 will they fit my 182 non cup?

53 Clio's & counting
Yes, 172 cup shocks (As far as I am aware) fit all Clio 172 and 182s excluding the 182 cup and cup packed cars and the Trophy.

Does anyone have a part number for rear shockers for 172 Cups? I am trying to see what I can sell them for.

I can also get Koni if it helps mate, I can usually only do about 5% off RRP mind

53 Clio's & counting
Legend! thank you - I understand the Cups have the stiffer rear shockers and I'd hate to think I had the number wrong and was supplying softer shockers than customers were expecting!

I'm confident I would be able to sell these for about £40