ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard pads on track

Black Sheep
I am doing a track night at knockhill next Thursday for the first time in my 172. Was wondering if the standard pads which are pretty new will be smoking after a couple of laps or will they do me being a beginner ect. I would get good ones but money is tight with getting my mot done/ entry fee: fuel/ failing motorbike project lol. So what do you guys think has anyone had any problems or are they ok.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Allow them time to cool by only braking when you have to, give a firm press of the pedal, rather than a gradual slowing. You want to maximise the time you are off the brakes to allow them to cool. Every few laps come off the boil to let the car cool, then go at it again.

Lotus Elise
Allow them time to cool by only braking when you have to, give a firm press of the pedal, rather than a gradual slowing. You want to maximise the time you are off the brakes to allow them to cool. Every few laps come off the boil to let the car cool, then go at it again.

I found the complete opposite of this worked well. Gradual early braking kept the peddle more constant and the braking performance more constant too.