ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard discs and pads for the track?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I'm sure I did a couple of days on standard Brembo pads. Yes they go off after a while, but you shouldn't be doing more than 15/20 minutes at a time anyway.

If people are at the point that they need to take a spare set, I would have to wonder if they have a sticking brake caliper! I was boiling the fluid before I was having pad problems.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I drove home from Bedford to Portsmouth with no front pads, metal on metal through Bedford town centre was a bit embarrassing.

PH2 172
Experimented this morning on the way to work. Last few miles is all NSL country lanes, so kept speeding up and braking to try and simulate what might happen on the track.
Noticed the horrid smell when i pulled up to work, but didn't have any noticable brake fade. The pads were smoking quite a bit though, i was a little worried at first to be honest.
If you do it again tomorrow & they don`t smoke,you`ve done it.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
You'll often find that 'inexperienced' drivers hammer brakes even more on track.

Standards should be fine providing you aren't over braking.

Ideally fluid, and pads will be on the shopping list, maybe even hoses if you're looking to take it things more seriously.

Get some tuition. Best money you can spend.