ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Clio 182 airbox

FF Clio 182
Just a quick question, on the standard air box there is an inlet pipe that branches off the elbow hose and goes down behind the engine, should it be plugged into anything ? Or should it just be loose not plugged in?

Thanks in Advance

CLIO Iceberg 172
loose, its a low air intake, i personally think it just sucks in hot air from the engine but meh! tis fine

CLIO Iceberg 172
sorry wrong pipe, that one supplies oil to the intake valve, that one needs to be plugged in, look behind the manifold you should see a tube sticking out that the pipe should be attached too

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
The hoses is a oil breather return there should be a brass fitting at the back of the engine. Push it onto that.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Then the oil vapour will drip on the manifold instead of being burnt off in the engine.

I use one of these instead as i'm using a silicone elbow with a V6 box.

pip_crankcase-filter.jpg

FF Clio 182
Then the oil vapour will drip on the manifold instead of being burnt off in the engine.

I use one of these instead as i'm using a silicone elbow with a V6 box.

pip_crankcase-filter.jpg

I heard using a filter can create back pressure and blow your seal? Like I said I heard it, doesn't mean it is true

172 cup
I heard using a filter can create back pressure and blow your seal? Like I said I heard it, doesn't mean it is true

Never heard that myself. Not sure how a filter can create that level of back pressure, If you keep an eye on it and make sure its not getting clogged up it should be fine.

FF Clio 182
Never heard that myself. Not sure how a filter can create that level of back pressure, If you keep an eye on it and make sure its not getting clogged up it should be fine.

Yh that's what I thought but I thought I would just mention it :)

FF Clio 182
My only concern is what is on the back of the engine if the hose isn't plugged in and I can't see any connections for the hose to plug into