ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

standard central locking

Mk1 RT + F7p + 172 Brakes
i own a mk1 clio and the remote central locking is a bit foooked. wen i bought the car (1994 model btw) the rcl didnt work at all due 2 a sunroof leak (now fixed) i took the sensor unit (its one of those infrared ones) out cleaned up the contacts and the circuit board refitted it and voila it worked. until now. the sensor now does not work unless the keyfob is v close 2 it but by this time im in the car lol. anyway i tryed the first method again on it and changed the batterys in the key but no luck.

anyway to the point....does any1 knw how 2 fix this problem?

its a bit of a pain now as the drivers doorlock is seized so i have 2 unlock the car from the passenger side v.annoying:mad:

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
The range of the key is determined by the power out from the coded transmitter.

You might find continuous use over 17 years has taken its toll on the circuit board.

Take it apart and run over the joints with a hot soldering iron and some good 60/40 multi core solder.

When you have done that, clean the board with some flux solvent and lacquer it.

Make sure the batteries are fresh and the contacts are clean.

Done properly, It should go for another 17 years.