ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

standard 182 remap?

182 ff, classic mini
my 182 is standard just got a panel filter and am looking at a custom remap from rs tuning in Leeds comes to near enuf £300 including before and after runs.
will i get much gain with standard exhaust etc? is it worth it ?
also car is insured as standard decided to go legal this time after hearing some story of undeclared mods , will they check the ecu for remaps ?

Thanks in advance

E30 325i & 172 Cup
IMO rather than spending 300 on a remap and probably gaining so little power you wont even notice it, why not spend it on improving handling which will speed up cornering. If you do want a remap, you could save money by buying a 2nd hand rs tuner, buy a license, remap it your self and then sell the tuner. Also if you do have an accident you can put the std map back on yourself, although I cant imagine an insurance company checking.

182 ff, classic mini
ye a lot of people say the bhp is not a great increase but the torque band is smoothed out, dont fancy a rs tuner i want a custom map if any

225 Cup & Williams
Don't expect big gains in bhp maybe 5 at a very maximum but the driveability will be much improved over standard and the extra torque is useful too.