ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stale smoke smell...what's best?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My old man smoked like a chimney and my Omega, despite 3 Neutradol fresheners, absolutely stinks.

I'm guessing the smells penetrated right into seats/headlining.

What options do I have to get rid of it?

Thanks
Mark

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Autoglym interior shampoo . Air fresheners will only mask the smell slightly , the shampoo will remove all the crap and smoke smell .

I bought a Pug 306 years ago , the headlining was slightly grubby , so i washed it with the AG interior shampoo , i was amazed just how dirty it really was , then i set to work on the seats and they were filthy from the amount of crap it removed even though they didn't look that bad at first . Spray on , agitate a bit with your fingers or a nail brush then wipe down with a damp cloth .

visualize whirled pe
I valeted a jag xjrs v12 years ago. the windows looked like they were tinted yellow there was that much staining. I spent about 2 hrs steam cleaning, deodorising that didnt work so I used fabreeze and then even used baking soda on the carpets (an old wives tale for soaking up odors) it looked and smelled like a new car.

The sales manager was taking a look and parked it in the sun while he appraised it for valuation, I came back to move it at the end of the day and it stunk even worse, chemicals and smoke this time, it ended up going to auction, there was no way to get the smell out without a retrim, it had impregnated everything.

visualize whirled pe
Good one, that Aromatek seems like value at £60, the amount of cash that gets knocked off seriously doggy or smokey smelling cars is crazy.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The omega is in place... guessing this means project cup is underway?

I'm at the research and planning stage.

I valeted a jag xjrs v12 years ago. the windows looked like they were tinted yellow there was that much staining. I spent about 2 hrs steam cleaning, deodorising that didnt work so I used fabreeze and then even used baking soda on the carpets (an old wives tale for soaking up odors) it looked and smelled like a new car.

The sales manager was taking a look and parked it in the sun while he appraised it for valuation, I came back to move it at the end of the day and it stunk even worse, chemicals and smoke this time, it ended up going to auction, there was no way to get the smell out without a retrim, it had impregnated everything.

B*****ks.