ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SS Exhaust blowing at the usual place

RenaultSport clio Trophy
Hey Guys, my exhuast is blowing at the cat to back box joint.
I have tried tightening up the clamp but it stil blows.

Its a stainless steel exhaust so that means i need silicon sealent i think....?
Where do i get it from and wot do u guys use?

Where can i get a new clamp from that clamps down on both sides so i can get an exhaust bandage under there?

Cheers for any help

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I hate to say this, but go to Halfords they sell it. It's made by Loctite and can withstand temps to 350 degrees. Worked a treat on mine.

Nimbus Megane R26
Welcome to the world of a 182 exhaust. I took mine with a miltek into slowfit and they fiddled the exhaust and it doesnt blow anymore. Just every couple of months one tailpipe is higher than the other lol..so i take it into a mates garage and adjust further..they are crap!

exhaust putty is so s**t, it just hardens and flakes off, I dont think you can get an elasticky one it would just melt

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The clamps are crap and if you mate it too secure the cat flange snaps.

Best bet is to get the connection changed at a custom exhaust place.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
exhaust putty is so s**t, it just hardens and flakes off, I dont think you can get an elasticky one it would just melt

Yes you can, I use it and it works a treat - it doesn't melt. The packet is all messy, but I think it's called flange sealant (it is orange and sets like rubber). Perfect for sealing up exhausts!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Just use normal silicon sealant (bathroom stuff) and new clamps from halford or any motorfactors.

WTF? Wont this cause a mess/melt?

Its all in the fitment.;) You cant re use the Renault jobbie. Get a new one. I had an aftermarket one with two bolts. Never had any problems with mine.