ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squicking brakes

G/W 200 and project Vdub
iv had my 200 since october and for a month now iv had a horrible noise from my brakes evry time i brake when going a slow speed i.e slowing doen for traffic lights, this is getting on my nerves, i thought it was a bit of dirt in the brakes at first but it wont go away.

Is this down to me or can i take it to renault for them to sort out under warranty?

G/W 200 and project Vdub
cheers i did'nt think of that, didnt think that it would need doing already.
i'll give it a go tomorrow

STEALTH RAIDER
You sorted ur brakes mate? having the same trouble with mine. Had it for 4 month and done 2500 miles, annoying sound when stopping at lights, Lew

G/W 200 and project Vdub
going into the stealers tomorrow, they tryed telling me that as they are racing brakes they are ment to do that and that the warrenty dont cover them :rolleyes:
so they wernt going to do it at first had to have a proper go at the bloke told him that a load of bollox and that all they need is a bit of copper grease after putting my piont across telling him he dont know what hes going on about he eventually said they will do it "as a one off"!

will let u know what happens tomorrow mate

ph1 172
normally the squeeky brakes sound goes away after the pads n discs have bedded in...2500 miles seems a bit much though.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Mine are the same, did they manage to fix it? I wouldn't be able to do this myself and don't really want to pay someone to do it for me...I didn't think the guy that fitted brakes was very good. knobber.

Lionel Richie
the pads in the brembo calipers (so all 197's, 225's and 200's) bind in the caliper, they need grinding down on the edges, Renault won't tell you that though LOL

Clio 200 RS + SRB
Your lucky, Ive had mine about 5 months now and its still making that annoying noise. Ive had it into the garage and its still doing it. The only thing i can think of is changing the pads and discs but thats gonna be expensive.

The car since ive had it has done 6000 miles so brakes should be bedded by now.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
the pads in the brembo calipers (so all 197's, 225's and 200's) bind in the caliper, they need grinding down on the edges, Renault won't tell you that though LOL

Yes, mine needed the 'tapping stick' to remove them!

Clio 172
I dont have a 197 or 200 but i recently just put new disks(brembo) and pads(mintex) on my 172 and the brakes are squeeking really loud, to say this pisses me off is an understatement.

I will try what has been posted here and i hope it works because its driving me up the wall.:dapprove: