ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeling brakes

Clio Trophy (225/500)
Hi All,

I've recently uprated my brakes to Brembo HC disk, DS 2500 pads, braided lines and DOT 5.1 fluid. The brakes were treated gently for the first 250 miles, however, on returning back from a long drive I noticed they started squeeling when coming to a stop.

As I was still a long way from home I had no other option but to carry on. I then started to hear them squeeling when no pressure was being applied to the brakes, so they got pretty damn hot. I took it back to my mechanic and he shaved a bit more off the ends that touch the carrier but no luck.
The anti squeel shims have also been removed so I am all out of options.

Can anyone make any recommendations?

Cheers
Graham

SQ5
Hmm....

Mine squeek only when braking though and not all the time. Have the same setup as you except no braided hoses.

Can't think why they would be sticking on though, only that your caliper maybe seized :s

Clio Trophy (225/500)
It isn't ceased as they were fine with the standard setup. My car has only done 22K, so the brakes should still be in fine fettle

03 clio 172
Did you file the edges of the pads down and remove the shims? Also sticking copper grease on the backs helps too.