ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squealing brakes???

Clio RS200 Cup
Hi Chaps,

I have a brand new RS200 Clio Cup with approx 630 miles done but when braking I am getting what is all I can desscribe is like a squealing/whisling annoying noise from the brakes, I have heard some people say that it is just dust from the brake pads but it is beginning to annoy me, is this normal or is something wrong?

TIA

Lionel Richie
front inner pad binds on/get seized in the caliper on 197/200/megane - but alas renault say there's no problem, surprise surprise!

easy to fix by removing the inner pad and taking the edges off the back plate with a grinder

Clio RS200 Cup
front inner pad binds on/get seized in the caliper on 197/200/megane - but alas renault say there's no problem, surprise surprise!

easy to fix by removing the inner pad and taking the edges off the back plate with a grinder

Ok thanks but not something I would be able to do so easily, I am not that handy when it comes to mechanics :(