ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squealing at low speed

Hi folks, starting to get a rather loud piercing squeal coming when I'm in 1st/2nd at low speeds, such as crawling into a carpark etc. It almost sounds like when you have squeeky brakes.

I can't be 100% sure but it sounds like it's coming from the front of the car, not sure which side - what should I be checking/looking at for wear?

Anyone got any ideas? It's starting to get particularly bad.

It sounds exactly like the brakes are squealing, yet it only happens when i DONT brake, as soon as i apply some pressure to the pedal, the squeal goes away. It doesn't increase in pitch or volume as i drive faster, it's a constant squeal! :(

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Sticky calipers, get them cleaned up or get some from Renparts. I got a nice pair a few weeks back, absolutely brilliant.

It's bizarre because it doesn't always happen! I need new rear shoes and maybe new rear drums as a rear wheel is seized, so I'll get the fronts cleaned and checked the same time.

Student loan basically all spent and it doesn't come in for another week! Haha