ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying?

PH2 172
I had my 172 cup door and bonnet keyed the day i brought it about a month ago now. And want it sorted but just wondering can the door and bonnet be resprayed seperate or does it need blending into the wings and qauters etc etc????

DCi 100
Anything can be resprayed seperate,

Weather it's worth matching it into the other parts is best question to ask I guess, and IMO hell yes.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
would need to see the locations of the scratches to comment on whether or nto is should be blended it or not

PH2 172
034-1.jpg

Theres the door it goes from the passenger handle and stops under the wing mirror.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Depends on how old the car is, if the colour has faded even slightly you'll notice the difference.

Also depends whether the guys you use are good at mixing ;)

PH2 172
Well the paintwork is in really good condition my dad seems to think its been resprayed. my dads a sprayer but is getting abit old now so i dotn really want him to do it but he was just guna spray the door and bonnet but i want it to look right :-/

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I think it'll need blending into the rear quarter/wing for sure. I replaced the door on mine for a Mondial and it stuck out like a saw thumb. Its going in Sat for a full side repaint...

PH2 172
Hmmm i might take it to 1 of these damage undone places get them to do it as like u said will stand out. mates dad wanted like £350 to do just the door

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
that door looks like it will buff out fine . it needs wet sanding and mopping back.. but by someone who knows what there doing

PH2 172
Hmm u think?? my bro electric polished it like 4 times it was worse but u can feel the scratch with ur nail.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hmmm i might take it to 1 of these damage undone places get them to do it as like u said will stand out. mates dad wanted like £350 to do just the door

Thats what i'm paying for the side. Do the striping of anything they need out of the way. Saves on labour. I'm removing mirror, window seal, lights and bump strips.....

145db Euro'd clio
get a touch up pen, and get it right in the groove, then flat back with 2000 grit paper and mop back. I'll do it for you. Wont be perfect but you'll hardly notice it

Fabia VRS Special Ed
You could try sanding it with 1200 and 2000, then use a cutting compound and when you've buffed that polish it up....I'd give you better advice if I could see it in the flesh, if it's deep at all you'll need to fill it.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
what kind of electric polisher did he use ? unless its a rotaryit wont really touch that. for something to that degree it wants wet sanding with a block . then a good polish , i doubt very much that will need paint as i have corrected alot worse than that before.

PH2 172
Ok well i may have to find someone who knwos what they are doing etc would a good damage place know or where would i find someone to do that. gota be someone on here near me who knows what there doing etc