ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying door trim question

Clio 197
Would i be able to get the door trims that are black, sprayed the same colour as the car which is dark metallic red?

Its a clio dci 100.

And also would i be able to get the black plastic parts on the front and rear bumber sprayed? They are colour coded bumbers but there are black plastic parts on them.

Does anyone know if i can get this done and where to?

Clio 197
Im in exeter, na not really thought bout doin it myself would probably look s**t lol

Wouldnt know where to get the exact colour either. Have u had yours done?

dont know any places in/ near exeter sorry. you can try it, if it looks terrible then you can buy say the front trim bits for ~£15

ive done a few friends cars, one was a metallic black corsa, the other a metallic cherry ford fiesta, as long as you get the right paint you cant go far wrong as long as your sand well, prime enough times, coat enough times, and apply the laquer. would do my own, only problem is that its cyclade blue, and the thought of colour coding it only leaves the image of it looking worse

Last edited:
  Clio 197
Do you take off the trims to paint them? I dont think you can take them off the bumber? Can probs take off the door ones tho. I might be wrong havent actually had a look yet lol.

How much does it cost doing it yourself? For the cost of the paint etc.

Cheers

A few
I was thinking about doing this. I did my own dash strips and it was a quality finish. I think the key to a good paint job is sanding down especially in-between layers of primer.

If your not confident, try spraying your bullets first as they are cheap to replace.

all of the trim is removable, theres guides on here somewhere

primer + laquer isnt too expensive, you can buy the genuine renault paint which is fairly expensive, reckon you could do a full colour code for around £60, if youre spot on first time

182 Turbo Project
Have a go at doing it yourself.

Paint you can get from Halfrauds, just take your time preparing the parts, sanding etc.

Might as well give it a go.

Clio 197
Yeh the bump strips. And also the black plastic parts on the bumbers.

What do people think they will look like sprayed the same colour as the car?

The clio sports dont have any black parts on the bumpers and i want to make them like that.

Wont be buying anything yet, just trying to get some ideas.

Thanks though

The one you've linked is a standard gloss black. If you want it to look proper your better using the actual Renault Black (if your car is black)

I resprayed my bump strips on my old non sport - first time I'd ever resprayed anything and they came out very good if I do say myself!

Only thing is though by the time you've bought all the bits to do yourself (Various grades of Sandpaper, Plastic primer, Basecoat colour, Lacquer) you might find it all adds up to costing more then sending it off to sprayshack for example.

+1 Thanks for that buddy. Everything we use is 2k, basically will look like it was standard on the car, where as 1k halfords or other will basically stand out a mile from the super glossy body work on your car.

The one you've linked is a standard gloss black. If you want it to look proper your better using the actual Renault Black (if your car is black)

I resprayed my bump strips on my old non sport - first time I'd ever resprayed anything and they came out very good if I do say myself!

Only thing is though by the time you've bought all the bits to do yourself (Various grades of Sandpaper, Plastic primer, Basecoat colour, Lacquer) you might find it all adds up to costing more then sending it off to sprayshack for example.

Clio 197
Spray shack when I get some money thinking of sending my bump strips to you :)

Can you spray the bump strips on the doors and the parts on both bumpers? And does anybody know if the door handles can be taken off and sprayed?

And how much would it cost to do the door bump strips, and the bump strips on both bumpers and the door handles?

Not sure exactly what colour I need to them to be but the car is a dark metallic red and i want them the same colour as the car.

Cheers :)

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4

Oh i just realised that after looking at halfords website theres renault black and then theres gloss black. How many cans did it take you to spray your bump strips?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I painted mine gloss black, my car is some sort of silver, I'm looking to find out what the exact colour is so I can spray then silver. Any ideas?

P.S gloss black might look decent with the red :)

Oh i just realised that after looking at halfords website theres renault black and then theres gloss black. How many cans did it take you to spray your bump strips?

I used their Renault Black. It's a direct match. Erm, roughly one can a side iirc. Maybe an extra can to do a few extra coats on each side.